It’s been an exciting time since we decided in December 2016 to produce top quality Gin and raise money for charity. Having lived in Royal Wootton Basssett for thirty years we are very respectful of the town’s heritage and whatever we have done has been mindful of that. Early in 2017 we gained Cabinet Office approval to use the term “Royal” in our company name. We’ve been through one legal challenge in the trademark process but were granted protection of Dauntless and Dauntless is the spirit marks.
Our soft launch started in August 2017, and the feedback has been great. Our initial batch of Dauntless sold out within two weeks. We are tweaking our label design slightly but our aim to have started to develop a “Pure English” brand has been achieved.
It’s been ten months of firsts:
- 1st Gin Bar Opened – Cross Keys, Royal Wootton Bassett ( and first donation given to charity )
- 1st Pub to stock Dauntless – The Rising Sun, Christian Malford
- 1st Retail outlet – The Three Trees Farm Shop, Chiseldon, Wiltshire
- 1st regional family brewer; Arkells, Five counties across southern England
- 1st Garden Party – The Angel Hotel, Royal Wootton Bassett
- 1st National Gin Festival – Swindon, Wiltshire
None of the above could have been achieved without the Friends of Dauntless ( Tracy, Lewis & Sascha, Mark & Lynda and Steve ). Annmarie and Michelle at Athena Web Design have been really brilliant and extremely patient! Rob & Natalie at Langley’s Distillery and Mark at Union Distillers have been really helpful in getting things going. Phil at PGEA has helped us navigate HMRC and their needs.
A sincere thanks to all.